Monday, November 12, 2007

Praise for Sisters and Singing

I achieved one of my life's goals this weekend. To stand around the piano and sing with my sisters. We had a small party for Sean, age 7, and at the end several of the sisters went into the piano room and had a slight jam session of singing hymns and praises to God. By the time it was over I was sweating and absolutely FILLED with the Holy Spirit. Just on a spiritual high. I got to sing, harmonize, (make lots of mistakes) with Robin, CCW, and Jennybeale. I was so happy I almost could not stand it. Ever felt that way? It was a lifelong dream!!!!!!! Thanks you guys!
Thanks, Mom, for buying that piano umpteen years ago and letting us learn and teach ourselves piano and play and praise God with that instrument. Thanks for not saying "turn that off" or "you're too loud" but letting us develop a concert of praise in our own living room while growing up. Now, how many years later, I am plunking away, re-learning the craft, and then miraculously one night Tom and I watched amazed as Debbie created and sang her own song of praise to God right in front of us. Now that is a legacy that you want to get passed on to 3 generations. The singing of praises. This is the work of a spiritual warrior. As Joshua told his people to march around Jericho and worship quietly x 7 days, then on the 7th day -- to shout and praise God --- for the victory is ours!!!!!!!! Lift up your arms and praise with those weapons -- the uplifted hands and feet firmly planted on YOUR promises!!!!!!! Praise God!!! From Whom All Blessings Flow!!!!
love, lisa......humbly

No comments: