Friday, October 26, 2007

Ask And You Shall Receive

Last night, I was doing devotions with Josh and Debbie (Jenna lurking in the background) while Tom was at Bible study. We were done with Awana verses and the daily devotional, and we were praying. Jenna started to interrupt the prayer with "Mommy mommy" and finally I had to stop the prayer and say "Jenna we are praying - shhh" and she said, "well, I need you to get these ponies to sit up in this car!" she was trying to put her little plastic ponies in her toy car and have them sit up like they were driving the car. I said, well, we are praying and you need to pray with us." So she promptly sat down, rolled her eyes, folded her hands, and before I could continue with the prayer, she sighed and said distinctly, "Dear God, PLEASE help me get these ponies to sit in this car!"
I took a quick break from praying and put the ponies in the car after I heard that one.
Love, Lisa

No comments: