Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Jenna

I just have to add this little note from yesterday. We had kind of a magical evening late yesterday while waiting for Tom to get home from his last - final - day of cross country (yay!) He is retiring from coaching as of yesterday! Anyway, that was his last meet, and it was late afternoon-early evening and we were outside waiting for him and just trying to get some exercise before the predicted rain would show up. It was very cloudy and actually kind of ominous looking but you could somehow tell the predicted rain was not going to come to fruition. Josh and Debbie were on the trampoline bouncing to their heart's content and Jenna was wheeling her little wheelbarrow around the grass, picking up grass clippings and putting them into her wheelbarrow - which, I found out later, she would end up bringing into the house and putting them on "my" easy chair so I could sit on them! arghhhhhhhhh anyway, ginger was outside with us and I guess she feels protective of Jenna or something b/c she nestled down in the grass near Jenna to watch over her. Ginger looked so peaceful and sort of "I'm doing my job and all is well." Also, "those blasted puppies are in the house for once and leaving me alone!" Jenna laid down on her back and looked up at the sky and then got up and sat next to her wheelbarrow and started putting grass in and looked at me and said, "Mom, it's a beautiful day." It was all I could do to answer, yes, my love, it is, it is a beautiful day. I think that little girl might just be an angel.
Until next time, Lisa

No comments: