Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Psalm 84:1-5

Psalm 84: 1-5

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah. Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage."

I do and you do long to be in heaven. However, I know that Jesus has promised that for us both so I also appreciate life here on Earth. I know Jesus has things for us to do, for us to raise up our precious children and to enjoy this life that we have right now. I also yearn for his judgement day, where the wrongs will be corrected and punished. That also means that I must die to see that or that Christ has returned. I am not overly anxious for that day since I want my children to enjoy their time here on earth. If it is his second coming that would be great both for us and our kids. It says here that we need not worry that he will provide for our needs, just as he does for the birds. Then it goes on to say that even in heaven there is constant praising to our Lord. I would imagine that after being in heaven all you would want to do is praise him especially when you know what happened to all who did not get to heaven.

I pray that we will continually get closer to Jesus and use his strength rather than rely on our own strength.

Father we praise your Holy name and thank you for all that you have given us guardianship over. Help us to have loving and giving hearts and to share our abundance with those in need. Help us know the best avenues to do that through.

Sincerely, Tom

No comments: