Friday, October 26, 2007

An Encouraging Message from Tom

Psalm 40: 1-4
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."
Praise God for giving us a place to raise our children in safety. Thank God for our home! As safe as Stow is, it isn't our Rootstown location. The more I see the kids going through this school the more I desire to be in Rootstown. Last night I listened to Pastor Jack, a missionary, talk about his calling. My heart goes out to Pastor Jack for following his calling and leaving his young family for such a long period and in such a dangerous place to try to raise his own funds to do God's work!! But it does say blessed is the man who follows the Lord. Thank goodness that we are trying to turn from false gods, people's opinions,TV, movies, clothes, malls, things, parties, drugs, alcohol, sports etc.
Dear Father, thank you for raising us out of the slimy pit the mud and mire and thank you for showing us the rock upon which we need to place our feet on. Help us to stay on that rock and to keep our children on that rock. Praise you for your grace and your warm comfortable grasp. Help keep our eyes focused on you.
In Jesus' name, Tom

No comments: